Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Movin' Out

By the end of April, I'll be moving my stuff to my new host family place. Going to Varsity Estate.

I've been staying here in this small little house which is located near the river for 3 months by the end of this month. I have really stayed in the room i'm typing in the meantime for almost most of the time I've been in Calgary. I mean it's your room, so you gotta stay in it doing your homework, sleeping, or even play with my PSP!! I am going to really miss it when I move out to the new homestay. Well, as everybody knows, moving to another place always makes you anxious because you don't know what is going to be next, or what is the state of mind you'll be in cuz you're living in a totally different place, a totally different kind of environment, and most importantly different kind of food ;P. This family, the Acosta's, are a very kind and a very giving family, and they took a very good care of me. Considering that I'm a new student in Calgary, they provided some cozy, intimate atmospheres that helped me to forget feeling homesick. One thing I like the most about the Acosta's is their house location because it is located 6 mins away from the university by the bus, and transportation was very comfy for me.

The new family lives in Varsity Estate, which is considered to be an old neighbourhood in the North West of Calgary. It is near Dalhousie c-train station, which is good cuz I just have to move my butt to the station and go directly to the U of C. The father of this family is an old retired teacher, and the Mum is also retired. Behind the house there's a Golf field which is awesome because I like golf, and I can observe how do they play it. I am also thinking of buying a bicycle to ease my moving. And I heard summer in Calgary is very lovely, so biking would be very cool.

Just wish me luck guys with my new family!!

1 comment:

Scott Douglas said...

Good luck with your new host family. It's funny that you said you are moving to an older neighbourhood. My house was built in 1911!